Ask about cosmetic dental services for whiter teeth and a better smile in San Marcos CA
Your appearance can be improved in a multitude of ways, from makeup to skin care to invasive surgical treatments. On one end of the spectrum, store-bought products may create little to no real improvement in your appearance. On the other end of the spectrum, invasive treatments are risky and costly. But cosmetic dental services in San Marcos CA are well worth the comparatively minimal costs to dramatically improve what researchers have found to be an individual’s most coveted asset: the smile! Global research firm Kelton found 45 percent of survey respondents valued an attractive smile over an attractive figure, hair, or legs. Accordingly, 80 percent of those surveyed said they were more likely to pay for procedures to improve their smiles rather than procedures to remove fat, wrinkles, and under-eye bags. We’re glad you’re making this investment in your smile and, possibly, oral health. Some cosmetic procedures at Sun Smile Dental replace damaged tooth enamel for both added beauty and strength.
Get to know all the possibilities
One of the easiest ways to enhance your smile is with professional teeth whitening or bleaching. At Sun Smile Dental, we use clinically-proven products by brands like Whiter Image and Polar. Don’t waste another dime on store-bought whitening kits that don’t make a difference in the look of your smile, or that have the potential to make your smile less healthy and look worse (due to spotty, uneven bleaching). Every patient is different, so we offer both home and chairside whitening. Regardless of what you choose, all options at our office are safe because they are prescribed, and care is overseen by licensed professionals. We’ll discuss the pros and cons of home and chairside whitening with you at your appointment but, generally:
- At-home whitening – You’re in the driver’s seat. You control the speed and extent of the process. Wear a customized dental appliance or tray as directed by your dentist. The tray is filled with professional-grade whiteners. Since the active ingredients aren’t as concentrated as the chairside option, results are gradual and occur over days or weeks rather than minutes. Many of our patients enjoy the convenience and ease of whitening on their schedule, from the comfort of home. Depending on your need, we can make a temporary or permanent tray. The choice is yours.
- In-office bleaching – You can have up to six shades whiter teeth within an hour! We safely apply a powerful whitener to get a stunning smile in less time than the home alternative. Your gums and lips are protected for utmost comfort, predictable results, and a safe experience. Patients like to be able to get a gorgeous smile in time for an upcoming special event.
Be sure to ask us about our Whitening for Life Program. You start with either chairside or home whitening. We’ll help you keep the beautiful results with a supply of free whitening gel at every six-month recall visit.
Veneers for whiter teeth (and much more!)
Today’s bleaching products at the dental office work wonders to lift stains. But should you have some types of intrinsic discoloration, such as blue or gray hues caused by tetracycline and other antibiotics, veneers may be the best way to restore your teeth to their beautiful, natural glory. Natural is a must-have feature for veneers and restorations designed to replicate tooth structure, so, for this reason, Sun Smile Dental only uses porcelain to replace deeply stained, chipped, or otherwise damaged enamel. Porcelain is the dental material that best mimics real teeth. It’s not as delicate as it may seem. In fact, when properly designed and bonded by your trusted dental team, veneers can last for years with the usual good oral hygiene and regular cleanings at our office. Plus, they’re stain-resistant. Go ahead and have that cup of coffee or glass of wine! Your sparkling veneered teeth won’t pay for it later. Our team also:
- Provides temporary veneers to protect prepared teeth and for added comfort – to reduce sensitivity while you wait for your permanent veneers to be made.
- Temporaries are also considered “try-on” teeth. Only when you’re completely satisfied with the look and feel of your new tooth structure will the doctor order final veneers from our skilled lab partners.
- Permanent veneers are assessed closely for proper fit, sizing, shade, and other specifications before they are securely bonded to teeth.
We also encourage you to bring a photo of a time when you liked your smile or of a smile that you’re inspired by! Contact us to find out more about these and other options for smile enhancement. Schedule your smile consultation today.